TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Copyright and Content Use
All text, images, audio, video, databases, design, codes, and software (collectively, "Content") included in or made available through the Site is the property of the University of Kansas or its Content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. You may use the Site for legal purposes only. Content must be used in accordance with applicable law.
We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). The University's Information Technology responds to inquiries regarding possible DMCA violations. For more information, see the University's DMCA web page.
The names, symbols, logos, trademarks, service marks, designs, and seals or any combinations of these marks ("Marks") are trademarks of the University of Kansas or its affiliates. Use, reproduction, copying or redistribution of the Marks, without the written permission of the University of Kansas or its affiliates is prohibited. For more information on the University's Marks, see the University Trademark Licensing Policy.
User Generated Content and Interaction
We maintain an active social media presence in order to enhance the exchange of ideas and provide information about the Museum's collections and events to the public. Accordingly, we encourage the public to interact with the Site, subject to the following conditions:
- You are solely responsible for the content.
- By posting content, you are providing the Museum and those authorized by the Museum permission to use it for any educational, promotional, or other standard University purpose.
- You will not post content that is off-topic, or defamatory, threatening, or harassing in violation of state or federal law.
- You will not post content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- You will not post any content that infringes another's intellectual property, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secrets.
- You are not under the age of 13 or have obtained permission from an adult before submitting content.
Links to Third Party Sites
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
All Content is provided "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for use of a particular purpose, or non-infringement. We may update, change, or delete Content at any time. We will make reasonable and ongoing efforts to revise and update our Site, but do not warrant that the Site will provide continuous, prompt, secure, or error free service, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions, including the inaccuracy of content, or for any damages or losses that users may incur as a result of the unavailability of the Site.
Further, we assume no responsibility or liability for any damages to or viruses that may infect a user's computer equipment or other property resulting from use of or downloading Content from the Site.
Warranty and Indemnity
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are effective as of March 1, 2018.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms at any time and any such changes will be effective upon posting. Please review these Terms periodically for changes.