Make a Reservation
To safely limit the capacity of our galleries, we are using the system QLess for the public to make free reservations to visit during our open hours. Advance reservations are strongly encouraged. If you visit the Museum without a reservation you can make one upon arrival for the next available spot. We cannot guarantee a spot will be available the same day. Reservations can be made up to one month in advance. For assistance, please call us at 785.864.4710.
The QLess system requires just 5 easy steps:
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your mobile phone number.*
- Enter your zip code.
- Enter the number of people in your party (up to 8 per reservation).
- Select the date and time of your visit.
You will receive a text message confirming your reservation, as well as a reminder the day of your visit. Please arrive at the Spencer Museum through our Mississippi Street entrance at your scheduled time and check in at our Welcome Desk. If you need to cancel or reschedule your visit please follow text instructions or call us so we can make that spot available to other visitors.
New protocols including limited gallery capacity, increased sanitizing of public spaces, and mandatory face masks help visitors and staff safely experience the Spencer. Please review our guidelines before you visit and contact us if you have any questions or to request a reasonable accommodation.
- We encourage all visitors to check themselves for symptoms of Covid-19 before arriving at the Museum and complete KU's health assessment checklist. If you feel unwell, please reschedule to visit at another time.
- Entry to the Museum is limited to our main entrance on Mississippi Street.
- All visitors must make a free reservation during our open hours and arrive at their scheduled time. Visitors who arrive without a reservation or arrive at a different time than their reservation may need to reschedule their visit.
Health & Safety
- All visitors over the age of 2 must wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth at all times. KU policy requires masks be worn on campus whether you are indoors or outdoors. Free disposable masks are available at our Welcome Desk.
- Visitors should maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between themselves and other parties.
- The gallery elevator is limited to one person or one household group at a time.
- Our lockers and coat room are not currently open. Backpacks, purses, bags, coats, and water bottles may be stored on tables located outside the galleries if necessary.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Museum.
- Free parking is available in Lot 91 behind the Museum on weekends. Paid parking is available nearby on weekdays. Learn more on our Directions & Parking page.
Sketching & Photography
- Pencils are the only writing utensils allowed in the galleries. We do not currently have clipboards or writing boards available.
- We welcome non-flash photography for personal use and with the expectation that images will be used in a way that is consistent with the rights of the artists. Selfie sticks are not allowed. Tripods and other professional equipment are prohibited without advance permission.
Health & Safety Requirements
All members of the KU community, including visitors, must follow these health requirements while on campus.
Tobacco Free KU
The KU Lawrence campus prohibits smoking, tobacco products, and electronic smoking devices. For more information read the full University policy.
As part of The University of Kansas, the Spencer Museum of Art is subject to the Kansas Personal and Family Protection Act, in effect from July 1, 2017. For questions concerning concealed carry on campus, please refer to the University of Kansas Concealed Carry website.